Katie Mohr, MA LMFT LPC
Katie brings a warm, friendly, and understanding style in her work. Katie provides encouragement and support as you work through and process past and present life issues that prevent you from living a rich and fulfilling life.
From being raised in a small community to accomplishing her dream of living and working abroad, these experiences are the foundation for Katie’s work as a therapist and provide her with a broader view on how life experiences impact emotional well being.
A Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who graduated with a Master of Arts Degree in Psychotherapy from Adler Graduate School, Katie works with individuals, families, and couples who are coping with a wide variety of life’s challenges. Katie is trained and specializes in providing EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) therapy, which is a specialized therapeutic approach, designed to bring quick and lasting relief for many types of emotional distress. Although Katie enjoys working with a variety of clients, some areas of focus and experience include helping individuals who struggle with anxiety, depression, trauma, sexual issues, and teenage to adult transition.
Katie’s role as your therapist will be to walk you through the process of greater self-understanding and to help you begin to take action toward healing the past, living in the present, and looking toward the future.
As a co-owner of Invigorate Life Counseling, Katie believes that having an eclectic community of therapists provides greater opportunities to strengthen and revitalize both individuals and families.
Education, Trainings, and Affiliations:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Minnesota Board (License #2077)
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Minnesota Board (License #00933)
- Member, Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Member, Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy
- Member, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Trained
- Member, Grand Avenue Business Association (GABA)
- Member, Minnesota Women in Psychology
- Master of Arts, Psychotherapy, Adler Graduate School
- Bachelor of Science, Sociology, University of Wisconsin La-Crosse
Send Katie a Message:
Email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org