Client Bill of Rights
CLIENT BILL OF RIGHTS:
Consumers of marriage and family therapy services offered by marriage and family therapists licensed by the State of Minnesota have the right:
1. To expect that a therapist has met the minimal qualifications of training and experience required by state law.
2. To examine public records maintained by the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, which contain the credentials of a therapist.
3. To obtain a copy of the code of ethics from the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, 2829 University Avenue SE, Suite 330, Minneapolis, MN 55414-3222.
4. To report complaints to the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy by calling (612) 617-2220.
5. To be informed of the cost of professional services before receiving the services.
6. To privacy as defined by rule and law.
7. To be free from being the subject of discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, or other unlawful category while receiving services.
8. To have access to their records as provided in Minnesota Statutes, section 144.335, subdivision 2.
9. To be free from exploitation for the benefit or advantage of a therapist.