Privacy & Confidentiality
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY:
Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc is bound by the provisions of the Minnesota Privacy Act. No information will be released to persons or agencies outside of Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc without your consent, except by court order. If anyone inquires after information from Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc, related to you, or your record, your written permission is required. Before granting permission, you must be satisfied that the information is really required. Be sure that the information being given out and that giving it out will help you. You may wish to refuse permission or withdraw it after it has been given.
When parents sign a permission form, minors may request that information in their file not be made available to their parents. However, Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc may not provide therapy services to minors without parental permission.
Exceptions to Confidentiality:
There are seven situations in which client confidentiality is not maintained:
1. If Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc has knowledge of, or reasonable cause to believe, a child is being neglected or physically or sexually abused, in which case Minnesota statutes (1976, Section 626.656, Subdivision 3) require that such information be reported.
2. Maltreatment of Vulnerable Adults (as specified in the Vulnerable Adults Act, Minnesota Statute 626.557) must be reported.
3. If Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc has reason to believe there may be physical harm done to any person.
4. If Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc is required by specific court order to disclose information.
5. The Minnesota Department of Human Services may, on occasion, monitor Invigorate Life Counseling’s, pllc files to assist in program and fiscal planning. This is provided for in the Minnesota Data Privacy Act of 1975.
6. If Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc has knowledge of, or reasonable cause to believe a pregnant woman is taking drugs, Minnesota statutes require such information to be reported.
7. If Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc needs to disclose your name to collection agencies for the purpose of obtaining delinquent payment for services rendered.