Legal Terms & Conditions
Privacy and Confidentiality:
Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc is bound by the provisions of the Minnesota Privacy Act. No information will be released to persons or agencies outside of Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc without your consent, except by court order. If anyone inquires after information from Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc, related to you, or your record, your written permission is required. Before granting permission, you must be satisfied that the information is really required. Be sure that the information being given out and that giving it out will help you. You may wish to refuse permission or withdraw it after it has been given.
When parents sign a permission form, minors may request that information in their file not be made available to their parents. However, Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc may not provide therapy services to minors without parental permission.
Exceptions to Confidentiality:
There are seven situations in which client confidentiality is not maintained:
1. If Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc has knowledge of, or reasonable cause to believe, a child is being neglected or physically or sexually abused, in which case Minnesota statutes (1976, Section 626.656, Subdivision 3) require that such information be reported.
2. Maltreatment of Vulnerable Adults (as specified in the Vulnerable Adults Act, Minnesota Statute 626.557) must be reported.
3. If Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc has reason to believe there may be physical harm done to any person.
4. If Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc is required by specific court order to disclose information.
5. The Minnesota Department of Human Services may, on occasion, monitor Invigorate Life Counseling’s, pllc files to assist in program and fiscal planning. This is provided for in the Minnesota Data Privacy Act of 1975.
6. If Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc has knowledge of, or reasonable cause to believe a pregnant person is taking drugs, Minnesota statutes require such information to be reported.
7. If Invigorate Life Counseling, pllc needs to disclose your name to collection agencies for the purpose of obtaining delinquent payment for services rendered.
Client Bill of Rights:
Consumers of marriage and family therapy services offered by marriage and family therapists and professional clinical counselors licensed by the State of Minnesota have the right:
1. To expect that a therapist has met the minimal qualifications of training and experience required by state law.
2. To examine public records maintained by the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy or Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy, which contain the credentials of a therapist.
3. To obtain a copy of the code of ethics from the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy, 2829 University Avenue SE, Suite 330, Minneapolis, MN 55414-3222 or from the Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy, 2829 University Avenue SE, Suite 210, Minneapolis, MN 55414-3222.
4. To report complaints to the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy by calling 612-617-2220 or the Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy by calling 612-548-2177.
5. To be informed of the cost of professional services before receiving the services.
6. To privacy as defined by rule and law.
7. To be free from being the subject of discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, or other unlawful category while receiving services.
8. To have access to their records as provided in Minnesota Statutes, section 144.335, subdivision 2.
9. To be free from exploitation for the benefit or advantage of a therapist.
Website Terms & Conditions:
The contents of this site and all the pages herein are intended for informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice at any time.
None of the information in this site is intended to be taken as advice therapeutic, legal, or otherwise.
At no time does use of this site nor communication through this site constitute a therapeutic relationship between the user and the therapist(s).
Invigorate Life Counseling is a professional limited liability company which assumes no liability for the content of this site or damages that may result from use, reference to, reliance on, or decisions resulting from its use.
Use of this site establishes your consent to the provisions of this disclaimer.
Data Used: Please refer to the appropriate Google Analytics documentation for the specific type of data it collects. For sites running WooCommerce (also owned by Automattic) and this feature simultaneously and having all purchase tracking explicitly enabled, purchase events will send Google Analytics the following information: order number, product id and name, product category, total cost, and quantity of items purchased. Google Analytics does offer IP anonymization, which can be enabled by the site owner.
Activity Tracked: This feature sends page view events (and potentially video play events) over to Google Analytics for consumption. For sites running WooCommerce-powered stores, some additional events are also sent to Google Analytics: shopping cart additions and removals, product listing views and clicks, product detail views, and purchases. Tracking for each specific WooCommerce event needs to be enabled by the site owner.
Data Used: In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
Activity Tracked: Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Learn more about this cookie.
Data Synced: Failed login attempts, which contain the user’s IP address, attempted username or email address, and user agent information.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Important: The site owner does not have access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.